Backyard Baked Beans
6/22/2010 11:21:25 PM
Food Entrees & More
Simple to make, these baked beans will leave your backyard barbecue guests positively begging to know your secret ingredient!
- 2 tablespoons DaVinci Gourmet Caramel Classic Syrup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cans (15 oz.) small white beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 strips bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
In a heavy, medium size saucepan, cook the bacon over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion, stir well and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is tender, 5 minutes more. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and add the tomato paste, Da Vinci Gourmet Caramel Syrup and molasses. Add the beans and season with the dry mustard, salt and pepper. Stir to mix and reduce heat to low. Cover the pan and simmer the beans until the sauce is rich and thick and the beans have absorbed plenty of flavor, about 35-40 minutes.