Almond Syrup is one of the most popular varieties of DaVinci Gourmet flavoring syrups. Almond syrup can be used in entree recipes, vegetable recipes and dessert recipes. It's famous for enhancing the natural flavor of brewed coffee and polishing espresso coffee drinks. Almond syrup is a delicate blend of the natural flavor and is made from all natural almonds. Almond syrup is also available in sugar free for diabetic recipes and sugar free diets.
This recipe, for Almond Mocha White Chocolate Cheesecake, is one of the most elaborate on the site, with results as sophisticated as any professional bakery. However, it's easy to follow and, because it includes DaVinci Gourmet almond syrup, you know that the flavor won't let you down. DaVinci is also eager to hear your suggestions for almond syrup. Send us your original DaVinci Gourmet syrup recipes and we might just publish it on the site.
Almond Mocha White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips or white almond bank, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, large or extra large
- 2 tablespoons DaVinci Gourmet Almond Mocha Classic Syrup
- 1/4 cup DaVinci Gourmet Almond Classic Syrup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Crust: Either process wafers in a food processor or crush with a rolling pin. Brush 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter in bottom of 9 or 10" spring form pan. Sprinkle wafer crumbs in bottom of pan, tilting and tapping pan to completely cover.
- In a double boiler or in a saucepan on very low heat, melt white chocolate chips or white almond bark. Stir every few minutes with a rubber spatula. When melted, remove from heat and set aside. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, blend cream cheese and sugar until very smooth. Add eggs one at a time and process to incorporate. Add melted chocolate and Almond Mocha syrup, blending until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour white chocolate cream cheese mixture into pan and bake for 18 minutes. Remove carefully from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- While cheesecake cools, pour the sour cream, sugar, and Almond Mocha syrup into food processor and blend for 10 seconds. Pour carefully over the top of the cheesecake. Bake an additional 10 minutes and remove from oven. Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature and refrigerate for a minimum of four hours before serving. Cheesecake will be unsettled and firm up as it cools. Bake 10 minutes, remove from oven, and cool for 30 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate for minimum of four hours before serving.
Garnish: toast sliced almonds and gently press around the sides of the cake