Caramel Syrup Recipes
DaVinci Gourmet caramel flavored syrup, available Sugar Free, All Natural or Classic, is a delicious ingredient in any coffee drink. We offer caramel syrup recipes that would make an attractive addition to any cafe menu, from our Snickers Latte to the Caramel Italian Soda Au Natural and Caramel Apple Cider.
We offer caramel syrup recipes both sweet and savory. DaVinci's recipe for Backyard Baked Beans will wow your guests at your next barbecue. The secret ingredient? Our Caramel Classic Syrup, of course!
Backyard Baked Beans
- 2 tablespoons Scotch
- 2 tablespoons DaVinci Gourmet Caramel Classic Syrup
- 4 strips bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cans (15 oz.) small white beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a heavy, medium size saucepan, cook the bacon over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the onion, stir well and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is tender, 5 minutes more.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and add the tomato paste, Da Vinci Gourmet Caramel Syrup, scotch and molasses.
- Add the beans and season with the dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir to mix and reduce heat to low. Cover the pan and simmer the beans until the sauce is rich and thick and the beans have absorbed plenty of flavor, about 35-40 minutes.