Grilled Coconut Shrimp Kebabs
Food Entrees & More
- or DaVinci Gourmet Piña Colada Classic Syrup
- 1/2 cup DaVinci Gourmet Coconut Classic Syrup
- 36 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (roughly 3/4 lb.)
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
- pinch of chili flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 18 small bamboo skewers
Soak the bamboo skewers in water while preparing the glaze.
In a large bowl, combine the Coconut syrup, lime zest and juice, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes. Mix in the shrimp and let marinate for 30 minutes.
Thread the shrimp onto the soaked skewers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Grill skewers over medium high coals for 2-3 minutes on each side, while regularly brushing with any remaining glaze. When the shrimp are cooked through, remove from the heat and sprinkle with toasted coconut and freshly chopped cilantro. Serve hot or cold.