Sweet and Crunchy Amaretto Almond Salad
6/22/2009 5:11:00 PM
Food Entrees & More
This crunchy, sweet salad is packed with vitamins, and doesnít have even a trace of sugar. Sliced oranges add a perfect finish, but if you are dedicated to a low-carb diet, use a few sliced strawberries or omit the fruit altogether.
- 3 tablespoons DaVinci Gourmet Amaretto Sugar Free Syrup
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 orange, sectioned and membranes removed or 1 cup sliced strawberries (optional)
Tear the kale greens into bite-sized pieces and blanch in boiling water for 3-4 seconds. Drain and immediately place in a bath of ice water to stop the cooking. Squeeze the kale dry, fluff slightly and toss with the mixed salad greens and fruit.